Greater Manchester has an impressive creative sector with strengths in animation, film and TV content, digital media and more. The region is home to a robust community of businesses that are fusing creative thought and passion with innovation and technology, generating an impressive £1.4bn GVA each year.
Join in on 17th March at 1:00 pm for the Invest in Creative Greater Manchester Region Spotlight event as we showcase the incredible opportunities for investment in the area. From the rich tapestry of film and broadcast talent showcased through the likes of BBC to Europe’s biggest innovation hub for creatives, MediaCityUK – the region is a powerhouse for creative innovation and shows no signs of slowing down.
Taking place in-person in Salford in the heart of Manchester, investors and industry experts are invited to join in and celebrate Greater Manchester’s thriving creative sector, hear quickfire pitches from a curated group of creative innovators, and discuss how we can continue to drive investment into the area.
- 1:00 pm – Arrivals and networking
- 1:30 pm – Welcome & Spotlighting the Greater Manchester
- 1:35 pm – Opening remarks & Showcasing Invest in Creative toolkit
- 1:40 pm – Investing in the Greater Manchester Creative Sector
– Mike Perls MBE, Chair, MC2
– Jennifer Bailey, Founder, Calla
– Simon Smith, Chair, Gameopolis
– Jessica Jackson, Head of Investments, GC Angels (Moderator)
- 2:10 pm – Quickfire pitches
- 2:50 pm – Closing remarks
- 3:15 pm – Drinks and networking
- 4:30 pm – Close